Choosy 0.9.2 (beta)
Brower list changes
This version of Choosy uses a different method of storing your browser list. The new method gives you complete control over your browser list (you can add and remove applications) and is more efficient. Unfortunately it also means that when you install this version your current browser list order will be lost.
- Browsers can now be manually added to and removed from the browser list
- Browsers can now be dragged and dropped from the Finder into the browser list
- Choosy provides an optional menu bar item for quick access to browsers, settings and update notifications
- Integrated automatic update checking into the helper application (you will now be alerted of new versions via a small icon in the menu bar without needing to load Choosy in System Preferences)
- If the clipboard contains an HTTP or HTTPS URL, opening a browser via the menu bar will open that URL
- Removed the “apply settings” button from the System Preferences pane (settings are applied automatically when they change)
- New option to display the URL in the browser prompt
- New option to not display the browser names in the browser prompt
- Completely redesigned circular browser prompt. Clicking in the centre of the circle will now open your favourite browser and the browser names are no longer displayed at odd angles.
- Improved experience for first time installs and upgrades (sometimes a reboot was required to get Choosy working, this should no longer be the case)
- Fixed issues with using two versions of the same browser with Choosy (no more bundle identifier hacking, this will now just work)
- Fixed mouse pointer movement to the bottom of the screen for some screen layouts on multi-monitor systems
- Fixed issues with the preference pane not properly detecting if the helper app was running (resulted in the preference pane UI and the helper app status becoming out of sync)
- Fixed communications between the preference pane and the helper app (sometimes settings weren't properly applied until the helper app was restarted)
- Fixed the issue where Choosy would reset the default browser for some users every time the preference pane was loaded
- Browser names truncated better in the row prompt with small icon sizes (e.g. “Firefox 1.5” displayed as “Fir… 1.5” instead of just “Firefox” with no indication that some text is missing)
- Automated updated will work correctly in this version of Choosy. The previous version was looking in the wrong place.
Choosy 0.9.2 (beta) is no longer the latest version. I strongly recommend you download Choosy 2.3 instead.
(If you're really sure you want to download this outdated version, here it is: Download Choosy 0.9.2 (beta).)