Choosy 0.9.1 (beta)
Some of the changes in this version of Choosy have caused upgrade issues for a few alpha testers. If you have any problems upgrading from version 0.9.0 please try running this handy installation app.
If Choosy does not work immediately when first installed, restarting your Mac will probably correct the problem. I'm working on a resolving these installation issues for the next version.
- Cleaner preferences interface. In particular the “General” tab has been improved a lot.
- Built in software update. New versions can be detected, downloaded and installed from the “General” tab in the Choosy preferences (powered by Andy Matuschak's wonderful Sparkle framework)
- Icon size preview in the “Appearance” tab.
- Stunning new icon designed by James Torry at Doodledo.
- API for browser plugins and other apps to send URLs directly to Choosy. Learn more on the Choosy API documentation page.
- Bookmarklet to send a page from one browser to another. See Choosy in your browser for more information.
- Links will open in the background when they're supposed to. Includes command+clicking on links in Mail and NetNewsWire's “open in background” setting.
- The browser prompt will now be correctly placed on multi-display systems.
- Opening links from Adobe AIR applications (such as Twhirl and TweetDeck) now works correctly.
- Choosy's System Preferences icon will no longer randomly disappear every few days for some users.
- Browsers with similar but not identical bundle identifiers will no longer be mistaken for each other.
- Helper app doesn't need manually restarting before it recognises newly installed browsers.
- Trashed or deleted browsers removed automatically from the browser prompt (previously they appeared once after deletion, and then were removed).
Choosy 0.9.1 (beta) is no longer the latest version. I strongly recommend you download Choosy 2.3.1 instead.
(If you're really sure you want to download this outdated version, here it is: Download Choosy 0.9.1 (beta).)